This simple chocolate cupcake is so rich and moist, topped with the classic flavor of vanilla. Everyone loves this, but it’s hard to get such a good cupcake! After trying many different recipes, this one is a winner!
Chocolate Cupcake: Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners.
- Into a medium bowl, sift together cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each, then beat in vanilla. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture in two batches, alternating with sour cream and beginning and ending with flour.
- Pour batter into cups, filling each 3/4 full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- In a small bowl, beat together butter, sugar, milk, vanilla, and salt until light and fluffy.
- Add into piping bag with desired tip.
- Pipe frosting onto each chocolate cupcake.