These cupcakes are so rich in chocolate and I always use this classic chocolate cupcakes recipe, but this time I decided to change it up a bit! One of my favorite combinations of flavors is chocolate and peanut butter, so why not stuff the inside of a chocolate cupcake with peanut butter? I’m a huge fan of Reese’s and this cupcake has the same taste of flavors! Easy and so good.
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for pans
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, room temperature
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard muffin cups with paper liner. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add buttermilk, vegetable oil, and 1 1/2 cups warm water; whisk to combine. Add eggs and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth.
- Divide batter among muffin cups (filling each about 2/3 full) and bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool in pans on wire racks, 5 minutes, then transfer cupcakes to racks and let cool completely. Frost as desired.
- 2 1/2 cups (about 15 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally. Let cool to room temperature, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put butter, confectioners’ sugar, and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce speed to low. Add melted chocolate, and mix until combined, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
Peanut butter Filling:
- peanut butter
- If you have a cupcake corer, use that to take out the middle of each cupcake. If you don’t, just use a knife to carefully take out a small amount of the middle of the cupcake.
- Then fill in the core with a small amount of peanut butter.
- Use desired tip in a frosting bag to frost the top of the cupcake with the chocolate frosting.