This cake actually looks like a pumpkin and is so easy and fun to make! It’s perfect to make with kids during the fall season. I made it last year for Thanksgiving and everyone loved it! You can also use a ziploc bag with the frosting on the inside to pipe on the green frosting lines.
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Few drops each green, red and yellow food coloring
- 1 ice cream cone
- PREPARE cake batter and bake in 12-cup fluted tube pan as directed on package. Cool in pan 10 min. Invert cake onto wire rack; remove pan. Cool cake completely.
- MEANWHILE, beat cream cheese and butter in medium bowl with mixer until blended. Gradually beat in sugar. Spoon 1/2 cup frosting into small bowl; stir in green food coloring. Spread half the green frosting onto outside of ice cream cone; set aside. Reserve remaining frosting for later use.
- ADD red and yellow food colorings to remaining white frosting to tint it orange. Spread onto cake. Invert ice cream cone in hole in top of cake for the pumpkin’s stem. Pipe the reserved green frosting in vertical lines down side of cake to resemble pumpkin.