These cupcakes are rich in flavor and of course, due to its flavor of peanut butter, my favorite. The creamy frosting on top makes it 10x better. You can even fill them with jelly to make a peanut butter and jelly cupcake! I highly recommend that.
Ingredients for Cupcake:
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- heaping 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- generous 1/3 cup milk
Ingredients for Frosting:
- heaping 3/4 cup soft cream cheese
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line two 12-hole muffin pans with 16 paper liners.
- Place the butter, sugar, and peanut butter in a bowl and beat together for 1-2 minutes, or until well mixed.
- Gradually beat in the eggs, then add the vanilla extract.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder, then fold them into the mixture, alternating with the milk. Spoon the batter into paper liners.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until well risen and golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, place the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl and beat together until smooth. Sift the confectioners’ sugar into the mixture, beat together until well mixed, then spread the frosting on top of each cupcake.