These are basically just a remix of the classic chocolate chip cookie, which is my favorite cookie! So how could you not love this?
- 2 cups/315g all-purpose/plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda/bicarbonate of soda
- 2 sticks/226g butter, softened
- 1½ cups/330g packed light-brown sugar
- ¼ cup/50g granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups/300g semisweet/plain chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 f/ 170c degrees.
- Grease and flour an 8 x 12 baking pan.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder together into a large mixing bowl.
4. In a large mixing bowl. beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a until fluffy.
5. Mix in the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla.
6. Mix in the flour mixture by hand until combined (this avoids a cake like consistency).
7. Fold in the chocolate chips.
8. Spread the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes. Be careful not to over bake. A toothpick may not come out clean. Allow to cool completely in the pan and cut into bars.