I have never made any kind of “mix” in my life so this was my first try. This was one of the most addicting and delicious things I have ever made! The recipe is so fast and easy, and you can use this mix for party favors, gifts, etc. and I know I definitely will be. It is so chocolatey, gooey, and delicious! I think I ate half of this by myself and it was gone within the hour of sharing it with my family. Unfortunately, my chocolate got a little too hard too fast and I couldn’t drizzle it over the mix like you were supposed to, but it was still AMAZING!!!
- 6 cups Rice Chex
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsps unsalted butter
- 16 fun size twix candy bars, cut into chunks
- 1/2 package caramels, about 17
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Pour Chex cereal into a large bowl.
2. In a medium saucepan combine corn syrup, sugar and butter. Cook over medium-high heat until sugar is completely melted, about 5 minutes. Pour mixture over Chex cereal and stir to coat evenly. Add chopped twix candies and give it a gentle stir.
3. Spread cereal mixture on a silpat-lined or thoroughly sprayed (with nonstick spray) baking sheet and set aside.
4. Melt caramels with a tablespoon of water (stirring often) over medium-high heat. Using a spoon, drizzle caramel over the coated cereal.
5. In a microwave-safe bowl or with the help of a double boiler, melt chocolate chips. Drizzle over Chex mixture and sprinkle with additional twix chunks, if desired. Let set for 15-30 minutes and break into pieces.