Hello everyone! Sorry I’m a few days behind on my normal posting schedule (I’ve been crazy busy!). Last week I was on spring break and had the opportunity of going down to the city and watching a food stylist bake over 200 beautiful cookies for one of Barnes & Noble’s new recipe books (I can’t say yet!) and see photographers do their magic to take a perfect picture of each one! The food stylist’s name is Diane Vezza and she is such an inspiration to me. It was such an amazing experience and I hope I can work with her in the future! I can’t wait to share with you some of the pictures I took once the recipe book comes out. For now, here is one of the easiest flan recipes I’ve ever seen that came out amazing! It’s one of my mom’s favorites and we made it together. We brought it to my family-friend’s house for the father of the family, as it is his favorite. He loved it!
1 cup white sugar
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt sugar until liquefied and golden in color. Carefully pour hot syrup into a 9 inch round glass baking dish, turning the dish to evenly coat the bottom and sides. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Beat in condensed milk, evaporated milk and vanilla until smooth. Pour egg mixture into baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven 60 minutes. Let cool completely.
- To serve, carefully invert on serving plate with edges when completely cool.