Every 4th of July I make some kind of cake/pie that has red and blue berries to go with the American flag! It’s the common baking most people do plus it’s healthy and the berries are in season. I love this recipe because it was beyond easy, so fast to make, and no baking was involved, therefore nobody was complaining about the extra heat in the house! Who doesn’t like ice cream anything in the summer?
- 1 (9-inch) graham cracker pie crust
- 2 cups strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 cup lemon creme pie filling
- 16 fl oz heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Spoon softened strawberry ice cream into pie crust, using a spatula to spread ice cream evenly into the crust. Place pie in freezer for 1 hour or until ice cream is firm.
- Meanwhile, add sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla extract to bowl and whip until fluffy and light.
- Take pie out of freezer and spread lemon creme over top of frozen ice cream and then top with whip cream. Cover the pie with aluminum foil and place in it the freezer for at least 2 hours or until whip cream is firm.
- Slice fresh strawberries and wash blueberries to place on top of the pie right before your ready to serve.