In the midst of my crazy summer FULL of healthy baking, I worked with a girl named Lara, now in college, who has been healthy baking for years now! She introduced me to this recipe which she created on her own, and it is absolutely unbelievable. It is so filling and healthy, and you wouldn’t even know it because it tastes soo good! (With the help of plenty of chocolate chips of course). This is my favorite recipe that I have found all summer. Thank you Lara!
- 3/4 cup low fat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 smaller zucchinis)
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry glour
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 mashed banana
- chocolate chips
- Set oven to 350F
- Whisk together low fat milk, eggs, agave nectar, canola oil, vanilla extract. Add in shredded zucchini.
- In a separate bowl combine whole wheat pastry flour, flax seeds, baking powder, ground cinnamon, kosher sea salt.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients. Add one mashed banana to batter. Add walnuts, chocolate chips, etc if desired.
- Bake for about an hour- hour and fifteen minutes