So lately I’ve gotten back into my peanut butter fad and this cookie was the perfect way to top it off! I baked this for my WISE class, at their request, and I made extra…they finished all of them. This … Continue reading
So my aunt sent me this recipe after seeing that it was the winner from a Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest. Considering I’ve dranken an inhumane amount of hot chocolate in the past month and plan to continue to do so, I … Continue reading
I really cannot get enough of pumpkin desserts. This one is so so easy, but it takes very long…and involves a lot of waiting around your kitchen…so I definitely have a love-hate relationship with that. The problem is, I totally … Continue reading
Happy Fall! My birthday weekend so far has been one of the bests! Full of pumpkin spice lattes, fall baking, beautiful leaves changing colors, and tons of good food! Nothing can get much better than the middle of October. So this recipe says its a sugar cookie, but I ran out of all-purpose flour and had to use bread flour! Yet, the cookies were actually so so good! They were much more bread-like, but I actually loved that because of the pumpkin flavor, so they were more like scones. Me and my cousin licked the frosting bowl clean, it’s unreal!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup unflavored vegetable shortening
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp butter, softened
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 – 1 1/2 Tbsp milk
- For the cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger for 20 seconds, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, shortening and sugar until pale and fluffy. Mix in egg yolks one at a time. Mix in pumpkin puree and vanilla extract. With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Scoop dough out and shape into 3 Tbsp balls (I just filled 1/4 cup 3/4 full). Place on Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheets (you’ll only be able to fit about 8 per sheet, these are fairly large cookies), and using your fingers lying flat, evenly flatten cookies into rounds until they are slightly under 1/2-inch thick. Bake in preheated oven 11 – 12 minutes. Cool on baking sheet several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cool frost with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting. Store in an airtight container.
For the frosting:
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip together cream cheese and butter until pale and fluffy. Mix in cinnamon, vanilla extract and powdered sugar. Mix in enough milk to reach desired consistency and mix until smooth and slightly fluffy.
Yes these are super healthy AND super tasty! I absolutely love these cookies. First of all, you don’t even taste how healthy it is, especially because of the combination of cinnamon and oats. I made these cookies for my gold … Continue reading
FINALLY! This recipe has been WAY overdue. Slutty brownies are one of the easiest, craziest, and most delicious desserts that absolutely everyone loves and is capable of making. My friends and I make it all the time. It is so … Continue reading
YES, it’s a cookie skillet just like the ones they give you for dessert at restaurants! (but even better) Me and my friends always find ourselves going to Chili’s or Applebee’s just to get the cookie skillet for dessert. Of … Continue reading
Brownie+cookie=Brookie! These are definitely one of my favorite things I’ve ever baked. I brought them to my family-friend’s house for a party and they completely devoured them. Everyone was asking me how I made them! Before I made them, I … Continue reading
Happy Valentine’s Day! I’m sorry I haven’t posted in a little while; these past few weeks have been crazy busy for me! Last weekend I was in Florida with my cheerleading team for Nationals and it was so much fun. … Continue reading
These are basically just a remix of the classic chocolate chip cookie, which is my favorite cookie! So how could you not love this? Ingredients: 2 cups/315g all-purpose/plain flour 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda/bicarbonate … Continue reading