Okay, so every Monday I watch the Holiday British Bake Off and it is awesome! It’s basically the only good part of my Monday and I totally recommend it to everyone. So this past week they made a yule log … Continue reading
I really cannot get enough of pumpkin desserts. This one is so so easy, but it takes very long…and involves a lot of waiting around your kitchen…so I definitely have a love-hate relationship with that. The problem is, I totally … Continue reading
Yes, more fall baking! Seriously I don’t think I can get enough of pumpkin, clearly shown by the candles, car fresheners, and amount of baking that has involved pumpkin in the past few weeks. This recipe is unreal. It’s like … Continue reading
Happy Fall! My birthday weekend so far has been one of the bests! Full of pumpkin spice lattes, fall baking, beautiful leaves changing colors, and tons of good food! Nothing can get much better than the middle of October. So this recipe says its a sugar cookie, but I ran out of all-purpose flour and had to use bread flour! Yet, the cookies were actually so so good! They were much more bread-like, but I actually loved that because of the pumpkin flavor, so they were more like scones. Me and my cousin licked the frosting bowl clean, it’s unreal!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup unflavored vegetable shortening
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp butter, softened
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 – 1 1/2 Tbsp milk
- For the cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger for 20 seconds, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, shortening and sugar until pale and fluffy. Mix in egg yolks one at a time. Mix in pumpkin puree and vanilla extract. With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Scoop dough out and shape into 3 Tbsp balls (I just filled 1/4 cup 3/4 full). Place on Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheets (you’ll only be able to fit about 8 per sheet, these are fairly large cookies), and using your fingers lying flat, evenly flatten cookies into rounds until they are slightly under 1/2-inch thick. Bake in preheated oven 11 – 12 minutes. Cool on baking sheet several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cool frost with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting. Store in an airtight container.
For the frosting:
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip together cream cheese and butter until pale and fluffy. Mix in cinnamon, vanilla extract and powdered sugar. Mix in enough milk to reach desired consistency and mix until smooth and slightly fluffy.
Yup, just some more healthy baking! So these muffins are so delicious and healthy, and they just taste like a perfect little plain muffin. You can eat them with anything pretty much from jam, to soup, to frosting. I would … Continue reading
In the midst of my crazy summer FULL of healthy baking, I worked with a girl named Lara, now in college, who has been healthy baking for years now! She introduced me to this recipe which she created on her … Continue reading
Look how cute! I strangely found this little recipe on Twitter. It is literally 4 ingredients and is so easy and fun. It’s definitely a recipe I suggest trying with your little ones. Plus…Nutella!!! Tip: Be careful not to put … Continue reading
Wow, this recipe is insanely fast and easy! I absolutely love s’mores, especially during the summer! But it is crazy annoying when the marshmallow and chocolate don’t melt together correctly and it just becomes a huge sticky mess. With this … Continue reading
Yes these are super healthy AND super tasty! I absolutely love these cookies. First of all, you don’t even taste how healthy it is, especially because of the combination of cinnamon and oats. I made these cookies for my gold … Continue reading
Holy! These things are absolutely ridiculous. I mean, just look at the picture. Would you like some of the cookie bar with those Reese’s, M&M’s, and chocolate chips? Well, if you love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate as … Continue reading