So my aunt sent me this recipe after seeing that it was the winner from a Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest. Considering I’ve dranken an inhumane amount of hot chocolate in the past month and plan to continue to do so, I thought I’d switch it up a bit and use the deliciousness of hot chocolate in my own baking. This recipe is perfect for it. The cookies were awesome and you won’t even believe that it’s basically just chocolate chip cookie dough with nutella and a few spices!
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large cookie sheets with Parchment Paper.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels.
- In large bowl, add hazelnut spread, cocoa, chili powder and cinnamon. Beat with electric mixer on low speed about 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Shape dough into 12 (2-inch) balls. Flatten each ball into 3-inch round. Shape 1 cookie dough round around 1 marshmallow half, covering completely. Repeat with remaining dough rounds and marshmallows. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until surface of cookie appears cracked and marshmallow shows through. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool 5 minutes. Serve warm. Store tightly covered.